(CTO) Chief Technology Officer – (A535)
About the company
Our client, a blockchain-based investment company, is seeking about Chief Technology Officer (CTO). You will have the chance to work with a team of masters like you, in a very nice environment located in Montreal, using the most advanced technologies, automation and machine learning.
You think you’re ready for the blockchain? They have shares for you if so!!!
As a CTO, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the development team, executing on implementing the vision of the company, continuous iteration and improvement of the product, ideation, and additional out-of-scope initiatives while working alongside the CEO and CIO.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely and manage the development team, leading day-to-day operations under an Agile-like framework.
- Be able to visualize and implement efficient, scalable, and fault-tolerant solutions to complex problems.
- Project manage effectively with an emphasis on maintaining the product vision, schedule, roadmap, and architecture, constantly iterating and improving upon it.
- Understand the business requirements and design features that maximize the business and investor experience.
- Respond to business feedback (i.e. the “audience”) and pivot/enhance existing processes to maximize value for businesses and investors.
- Have a strong desire to store and leverage data, using analytics through testing, and making clean data available for the company to use.
- Participate in committing code and hands-on technical work. The CTO does not only plan, they execute.
- Support staff as a leader, mentor, and knowledgeable resource.
- Work on several mandates and tech-oriented initiatives at a time, working alongside the CEO and CIO.
- Work to deadlines that may be very tight and hard to meet, possibly leading to extended hours.
- Be located in Toronto or Montreal, but may be asked to travel, usually for international conferences with the team, or between the two aforementioned cities.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 to 10 years of full-stack development, software engineering, and/or technology operations experience.
- BSc, MSc, and/or PhD in computer science, computer/software engineering, mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative discipline.
- Expert knowledge of API integrations.
- Proficiency in learning.
- Expert problem solving.
- Master of Agile.
- Server: AWS
- Back-end stack: Node.js ES6, TypeScript, MySQL
- Other tech and tools: Linux CLI, Git, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, S3.
- Microservices architecture.
- Test-driven development.
- CI / CD tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience integrating with financial and payments platforms (e.g. QuickBooks, Stripe, Xero, etc.).
- Previous experience in a startup.
- Excellent ability to manage timelines and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with no supervision.
- Ability to understand challenges and propose value-added solutions.
- Skills in analysis and problem-solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Care and diligence in meeting high standards in the delivery of projects.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
To apply, send you résumé NOW at [email protected].
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com